This week was more of a backward slide than a forward march. I:
– rescheduled my office hours, cancelled a writing group, missed lecture, and cancelled a guest lecture
– went to the doctor’s office three times in two days
– convalesced by watching the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice (1995) – not to be confused with the more recent Keira Knightley version (which I also watched)
– Checked and made varying degrees of comments on 80 pieces of student work and taught two, two hour labs.
– was warmed by offers from friends and neighbors to buy my groceries, drop off movies, and clear a pile of branches from my back yard
– said to my lunch companion, “This is the life!” as we sat down to eat at the college cafeteria – not because the food is so great, but because the view is
– enjoyed this beautiful bunch of ranunculus in my bathroom