- Perkins, Tracy. 2022. Evolution of a Movement: Four Decades of California Environmental Justice Activism. Oakland, CA: University of California Press.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Perkins, Tracy. 2021. “The Diverse People of Color Origins of the US Environmental Justice Movement: Social Movement Spillover and Regional Racial Projects in Warren County and California.” Environmental Sociology 7(2):147-159. doi: 10.1080/23251042.2020.1848502.
- DiValli, Jesse and Tracy Perkins. 2020. ““They Know They’re Not Coming Back”: Resilience Through Displacement in the Riskscape of Southwest Washington, DC.” Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy, and Society 13(2): 363–380. doi: 10.1093/cjres/rsaa012.
- Sze, Julie, Tracy Perkins, Julie Anand and Netra Chhetri. 2018. “Stories from the Field: Public Engagement through the Environmental Humanities and Allied Disciplines.” Resilience: A Journal of the Environmental Humanities 5(2):49-73.
- Perkins, Tracy. 2012. “Women’s Pathways Into Activism: Rethinking the Women’s Environmental Justice Narrative in California’s San Joaquin Valley.” Organization & Environment, 25(1):76-94. (Winner of the 2011 Graduate Student Paper Competition for the Conflict, Social Action and Change Division of the Society for the Study of Social Problems)
- Perkins, Tracy and Julie Sze. 2011. “Images from the Central Valley.” Boom: A Journal of California 1(1):70-80.
Perkins, Tracy and Aaron Soto-Karlin. 2018. “Situating Global Policies within Local Realities: Climate Conflict from California to Latin America.” Pp. 102-123 in Sustainability: Approaches to Environmental Justice and Social Power edited by J. Sze. New York: NYU Press.
- Perkins, Tracy. 2015. “On Becoming a Public Sociologist: Amplifying Women’s Voices in the Quest for Environmental Justice.” Pp. 88-92 in Sociologists in Action on Inequalities: Race, Class and Gender edited by S. K. White, J. M. White and K. O. Korgen. Los Angeles, CA: SAGE Publications.
- Perkins, Tracy, ed. 2015. In Her Own Words: Remembering Teresa De Anda, Pesticides Activist (1959-2014). Retrieved April 22, 2018 (https://rememberingteresa.org)
- Perkins, Tracy and Lindsey Dillon. 2015. “Gonzales.” Critical Sustainabilities: Analyzing Competing Discourses of Urban Development in Northern California, Miriam Greenberg (ed). Humanities Research Institute, University of California, August 1. Retrieved October 12, 2015 (https://critical-sustainabilities.ucsc.edu/gonzales-ca/)
- Perkins, Tracy. 2014. “The Environmental Justice Legacy of the United Farm Workers of America: Stories from the Birthplace of Industrial Agriculture.” Tales of Hope and Caution in Environmental Justice. The Consortium for Humanities Centers and Institutes, Humanities for the Environment, August 10. Retrieved June 26, 2018 (http://hfe-observatories.org/project/the-environmental-justice-legacy-of-the-united-farm-workers-of-america-stories-from-the-birthplace-of-industrial-agriculture/)
- Perkins, Tracy. 2013. Voices from the Valley: Environmental Justice in California’s San Joaquin Valley. Retrieved April 22, 2018 (http://www.voicesfromthevalley.org/) (First edition published as Twentyfive Stories from the Central Valley at http://www.twentyfive.ucdavis.edu in 2009)
- Perkins, Tracy. 2012. Review of Kivalina: A Climate Change Story in Race, Gender and Class, 19(1-2)177-179.
- Perkins, Tracy. 2015. “Valentine’s Day and Fossil Fuels.” Reposted on The Sociological Cinema, February 14, 2015. Retrieved February 25, 2015 (http://www.thesociologicalcinema.com/blog/valentines-day-and-fossil-fuels)
- Perkins, Tracy. 2014. “Teaching Contemporary Sociological Theory Through the Media,” Reposted on The Sociological Cinema, April 17. Retrieved May 19, 2014 (http://www.thesociologicalcinema.com/4/post/2014/04/teaching-contemporary-sociological-theory-through-the-media.html)
- Perkins, Tracy. 2014. “The Unspoken Rules of Social Interaction.” Reposted on The Sociological Cinema, April 27. Retrieved May 19, 2014 (http://www.thesociologicalcinema.com/1/post/2014/04/the-unspoken-rules-of-social-interaction.html)
- DiValli, Jesse and Tracy Perkins. 2020. “Rhonda Hamilton: Community Leader and Public Housing Advocate in Southwest Washington D.C.” Smithsonian Anacostia Community Museum, Urban Waterways Newsletter, 10.
- 2018. “Voices from the Valley: A Case Study in Digital Sociology and the Digital Humanities.” Academic and Research Skills Collection, SAGE Video, SAGE Publications Inc.
- 2018. “How to Make an Academic Website.” Academic and Research Skills Collection, SAGE Video, SAGE Publications Inc. Retrieved June 27, 2018 (http://methods.sagepub.com/video/sharing-and-publishing-research-skills-for-success)
- Perkins, Tracy. 2008. “On the Frontlines of the Environmental Justice Movement,” REALEYES (7):19-22.
- Perkins, Tracy. 2005. “More Than Profit,” LEISA Magazine 21(2):12-13. (reprinted in Spanish, French and English for regional versions of Low External Input Sustainable Agriculture Magazine).
- Perkins, Tracy. 2003. “Trip for Trash,” Terrain, fall:34 .
- Perkins, Tracy. 2003. “When Big Oil Lives Next Door,” Terrain, fall:11.
- Perkins, Tracy. 2003. “Showdown at Freshwater Creek,” Terrain, summer:15.