Refereed Journal Articles
- 2012. “Women’s Pathways Into Activism: Rethinking the Women’s Environmental Justice Narrative in California’s San Joaquin Valley.” Organization & Environment, 25(1):76-94. (Winner of the 2011 Graduate Student Paper Competition for the Conflict, Social Action and Change Division of the Society for the Study of Social Problems)
- 2011. Perkins, Tracy and Julie Sze. “Images from the Central Valley.” Boom: A Journal of California 1(1):70-80.
- 2015. “On Becoming a Public Sociologist: Amplifying Women’s Voices in the Quest for Environmental Justice.” Pp. 88-92 in Sociologists in Action on Inequalities: Race, Class and Gender edited by S. K. White, J. M. White and K. O. Korgen. Los Angeles, CA: SAGE Publications.
- 2012. Review of Kivalina: A Climate Change Story in Race, Gender and Class, 19(1-2)177-179.
- Forthcoming. Perkins, Tracy and Lindsey Dillon. “‘Waste-to-Energy’ or ‘Incinerators in Disguise?’ Waste Debates in the Salad Bowl of the World.” Critical Sustainabilities: Analyzing Competing Discourses of Urban Development in Northern California, Miriam Greenberg (ed). Funded by the Humanities Research Institute, University of California.
- 2014. “The Environmental Justice Legacy of the United Farm Workers of America: Stories from the Birthplace of Industrial Agriculture.” Tales of Hope and Caution in Environmental Justice. The Consortium for Humanities Centers and Institutes, Humanities for the Environment, August 10. Retrieved Dec. 29, 2014 (http://hfe-observatories.org/blog/the-environmental-justice-legacy-of-the-united-farm-workers-of-america-stories-from-the-birthplace-of-industrial-agriculture/)
- 2014. “Teaching Contemporary Sociological Theory Through the Media,” Reposted on The Sociological Cinema, April 17. Retrieved May 19, 2014 (http://www.thesociologicalcinema.com/4/post/2014/04/teaching-contemporary-sociological-theory-through-the-media.html)
- 2014. “The Unspoken Rules of Social Interaction.” Reposted on The Sociological Cinema, April 27. Retrieved May 19, 2014 (http://www.thesociologicalcinema.com/1/post/2014/04/the-unspoken-rules-of-social-interaction.html)
- 2008. “On the Frontlines of the Environmental Justice Movement,” REALEYES (7):19-22.
- 2005. “More Than Profit,” LEISA Magazine 21(2):12-13. (reprinted in Spanish, French and English for regional versions of Low External Input Sustainable Agriculture Magazine).
- 2003. “Trip for Trash,” Terrain, fall:34 .
- 2003. “When Big Oil Lives Next Door,” Terrain, fall:11.
- 2003. ”Showdown at Freshwater Creek,” Terrain, summer:15.