- Perkins, Tracy. 2012. “Women’s Pathways into Activism: Rethinking the Women’s Environmental Justice Narrative in California’s San Joaquin Valley.” Organization & Environment 25(1):76-94. (Winner of the 2011 Graduate Student Paper Competition for the Conflict, Social Action and Change Division of the Society for the Study of Social Problems)
- Perkins, Tracy and Julie Sze. 2011. “Images from the Central Valley.” Boom: A Journal of California 1(1):70-80
- Perkins, Tracy. Forthcoming April 2014. “On Becoming a Public Sociologist: Amplifying Women’s Voices in the Quest for Environmental Justice.” In Sociologists in Action on Inequalities: Race, Class and Gender. Los Angeles, CA: SAGE Publications.
- Perkins, Tracy. 2012. “Review of Kivalina: A Climate Change Story.” Race, Gender and Class, 19(1-2).
- Perkins, Tracy and Lindsey Dillon. Forthcoming spring 2014. “Waste Debate in the Salinas Valley.” For Critical Sustainabilities website edited by Miriam Greenberg.
- Perkins, Tracy. Forthcoming spring 2014. “Environmental Justice.” For Critical Sustainabilities website edited by Miriam Greenberg.
- Perkins, Tracy. 2008. “On the Frontlines of the Environmental Justice Movement,” REALEYES (7):19-22.
- Perkins, Tracy. 2005. “More Than Profit,” LEISA Magazine 21(2):12-13. (reprinted in Spanish, French and English for regional versions of Low External Input Sustainable Agriculture Magazine).
- Perkins, Tracy. 2003. “Trip for Trash,” Terrain, fall:34 .
- Perkins, Tracy. 2003. “When Big Oil Lives Next Door,” Terrain, fall:11.
- Perkins, Tracy. 2003. ”Showdown at Freshwater Creek,” Terrain, summer:15.